Saturday 14 February 2015

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE

Today was surprisingly a good day! I thought I would be lying in bed on Facebook and watching movies all day and scoffing my face with thousands of calories. But boy, I was wrong!

I've come to learn that Valentines Day isn't just about sharing your love with your partner, it's especially important to share your love with your family and friends, and that is exactly what I did.

For most of the day I spent it with my mum, helping her shopping and also getting her started on her fitness journey. I taught her ways of helping her with her running technique, and eventually she'll feel confident enough to be able to do this herself. Running is a very tricky task to tackle by yourself mind, so I have every sympathy with her not wanting to run on her own.

That done, I then used my new Epilator on my legs.... OUCH!! It hurt a crazy amount, but hey I now have silky smooth legs, besides the large red dots on my skin...
I would seriously recommend buying an Epilator. I have the BRAUN 'Silk epil' type 5340, in a cute pink and white colour. It also came with a really handy electric face brush with round bristles which you can use to help exfoliate your skin with warm water.

What's great about the epilator is that it pulls the hairs straight from your legs, like what waxing does, however what waxing can't do is keep going over the same area to get each hair. This helped me get every hair and it even has a light to help you find those pesky hairs that don't want to be pulled out.
It is very scary at first but trust me you get used to the pain, and think how much money you're saving from all those annoying razors you are constantly buying! It's even better that the hairs grow back a lot slower and finer, meaning you have to do this less than you would shave you're legs anyway :)

Now onto the evening, I saw some of my buddies from my old school. It was so great seeing them, I literally can't be with them without having a smile on my face. One of my best friends gave me a belated birthday pressie which I am sooo lucky to have.

It's the Benefit Mascara, which I have heard some amazing reviews about and have always wanted to try it. I always get through mascaras so quickly as well, as I just love having long lashes if you haven't already noticed!

It came in this really sweet box too which is apparently from Christmas but I didn't care, it's so adorable!


As I said I would show you how I looked for Valentines Day, here are some quick shots.

Seeing as I wasn't going on a date today, I went for this casual but fun look.

If you haven't already noticed, I like to be quite different to other people. This blouse from boohoo.com helps me with this and it's perfect to wear when meeting up with friends.
It has two large holes in the sleeves which is very different and quirky, with really cool swirls and leaf designs. The material floats very well and the different texture of denim on the collar changes up this look even more.


For my makeup, I went for a natural glow with soft shades of light browns/gold shimmer shadows on my eye lids, along with liner and mascara.
I also used my love of lipgloss which I actually don't know where it came from, but I love to wear it by how it suits my skin tone and how long the colour last for.

My hair felt really glossy today which was perfect for styling with my GHD straighteners. However I make sure I use heat defence so that my hair doesn't get as damaged.


Hope you like this look, and I'll give a review soon about what I think of the benefit mascara!

No comments:

Post a Comment