Sunday 8 February 2015

AN 18TH TO REMEMBER

As 18th Birthdays go, this one was pretty good.

I had set an alarm just incase I slept over in the morning, although I knew my mum would actually probably come and wake me up with her "Good Morning" singing. Breakfast in bed: top notch!

Excuse the granny sheets.... they are temporary while my
room is being finished decorated.
Choosing what to wear was quite a struggle, it's still Winter but I want to look hot on my birthday! What is a girl to do?
I teamed up:

  • a pretty floral playsuit
  • a blue blazer
  • a fur white scalf
  • my new LINKS ear rings and necklace
  • black tights and wedges
Along with of course a baby blue bikini for the spa! Wearing your bikini before you go saves you a lot of hassle for when you get there, as you can just strip and head straight to the pool.


Finding the spa ended up being a maze, we found the hotel okay but the spa itself... 

We were walking around looking like the right newbies of the hotel, and found ourselves in a room that was being refurbished, with a small man painting the ceiling purple before stopping and thinking to himself, "Why on Earth have these two ladies come to watch me paint?"


When we did find the spa, it turned out to be a right result! There was a long pool, along with sun loungers, and we were even given a cute pair of slippers along with a towel dressing gown.
The pool also featured a sauna and steam room, which has made my skin uber soft! 
There were 2 hot tubs, but to our disappointment they were out of order on the day, but I guess not everything is going to be perfect for your special day.

After a long couple of hours of lounging around doing nothing but swim and relax, we got into our dressing gowns and made our way down to collect our afternoon tea. 
On arrival to this, we were given a glass of sweet Proseco with a strawberry on top.
Unfortunately, I have recently come under the discovery of being intolerant to gluten, therefore we had to request if the sandwiches and cakes could have a small gluten-free section. Thankfully they whipped up some lovely food for us which tasted no different to normal food!
The amazing thing about being gluten free is that you can eat the same amount as you would with gluten, yet it is still a lot better for you. On the whole, foods without gluten can be a lot better for you.
Substituting my previous pasta and bread intake for example with new gluten-free foods have given me more energy along with a less bloated feeling after a big meal.

After this (and feeling slightly light headed after just one glass of alcohol), we had our massage treatments. My Mum chose to do the facial, as she believes as you get older, the care for you skin should be greater. Whereas I went for the luxurious(ly painful) back massage.
One minute I'm thinking "ooooh wow this feels so relaxing"
The next minute however I suddenly feel "OWW is it meant to be clicking that much? Is that a bone moving around that you keep pushing at or just a knot?"

As relaxing as it was, I thought there must be something extremely wrong with my back. At my request of firm pressure due to hopefully helping the condition of my back, she fully went at rubbing into my back with oil. Being a gymnast previously I now have a very stiff back, and I think this was definitely proven to the masseuse.


However as great as eating gluten free foods is, you can't miss out on the one thing every birthday should have... and that is the cake.
You can get gluten free cakes but lets face it no gluten free cake could have beaten this beauty!
One slice won't hurt right? 


After a day of relaxing, sipping prosecco, and opening many glorious presents consisting of fancy jewellery and booze, I now feel content and completely at peace of mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment